THE PROPOSAL
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Time: 4pm-6pm
Event: Proposal aboard the only covered gondola in the US, the Crystal Swan
The cruise started well entertained with the gondolier's accented enthusiasm. He educated us on the tradition and history of the gondola. One of the memorable traditions is when the gondolier goes under a bridge, he will say "Oh my, we are going under a bridge" and in response, the lady guest says "Oooooohhhhhhhhh" and the gondolier tilts the gondola towards the gentlemen causing the lady and the gentlemen to kiss. :)
Anyways, the sun started setting at about 4:30pm when all of a sudden we hear something hitting the side of the gondola. The gondolier mentions how there is a bottle in the water that must be removed or else it might cause the engine to stop. After a few minutes, he turns the gondola around to pick up the bottle while we faced the sunset. He handed over the bottle to da Teacher. Thinking it was a souvenier, da Teacher wonders what to do with the message in a bottle. Nervously, I said "You should open the bottle and see what's inside" Fortunately, she opens and starts to read the letter. Tears start flowing expecting a proposal on the letter. When she reaches the end of the letter with no proposal, I got down on my knees and popped the question. Fortunately for me, the answer was YES!!! and I didn't have to use Plan B and C detailed in MasterLee77's blog. After the proposal was over, the sun was set and the nervousness turned to joy. We finally got to eat the well prepared dinner and enjoyed going under different bridges several times. :) 2 hours went by quick and the harbor looked great at night. I recommend anyone who's interested in doing something romantic to visit http://www.gondolacruises.com/index.htm for more details.
Here are a couple of pictures the gondolier took.

Inside the Crystal Swan before the proposal. Does she look suspicious? Hmmmm.

Dinner served on board. I was too nervous and forgot to uncover the entrees for the photo. :)
Menu:
Guest 1
Entree: Lemon Chicken with Szechwan Vegetables
Salad: House Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Dessert: Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
Guest 2
Entree: Grilled Salmon with Coconut Rice
Salad: Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
Dessert: Macadamia and Caramel Cheesecake

We're engaged!!!

A dozen roses, message in a bottle, and the engagement ring.

The ring.
12 comments:
Look at the size of that Rock...
C' Can't...going blind now.
EC
Congrats to the two of you! Very romantic and touching story.
What a heartfelt proposal. Man, I am so proud of you. I might need some tissues myself. The dentist is going to give me a hard time for the next couple of months.
Solution. Don't let the dentist read this....
too late. I already read it. Good job Fernando and congratulations. Hope Mikey can learn something from you one day.
Congrats Bro! That was a great proposal ... very romantic. I'm proud of you!
Congratulations my son!! It's very romantic, we are very proud of you. Best wishes for two of you.
Dad & Mom
Thanks everyone, I'm glad everyone thought it was romantic. I was too nervous too even think that. :)
awww... CONGRATZ! n well done!
Allison forwarded ur blog so I can join ur tearing group, heh...
Really happy for u :)
n the pix of u in the raisin farm. U 2 look sooooo cute together!
Kaini
Congratulations, she is a great woman, take care of her. I wish you two the best and look forward to seeing you at the wedding.
Sara Lewis
Fernando... you're too cool for words. I'm so happy for the two of you and know you'll take good care of her. Congratulations and God Bless you both. Hope to play games with the two of you again sometime, I always had fun hanging out.
Josh
I wish I could visit... :( They got me locked up here and if you know me, that's torture!!
We aim by giving solid devices and services To clients at a global basis.[url=http://www.reactchem.com/]Triacetin[/url] is an artificial chemical compound, commonly occupied a warm or hot environment a chow additive, as instance a warm or hot environment a solvent to flavourings, and also being this humectant function, by E number E1518 and also Australian approval code A1518. [url=http://www.reactchem.com/]Triacetin[/url] is also a component of casting liquor using TG as well as as an excipient to pharmaceutical models where this is occupied as a humectant, a plasticizer, and also a warm or hot environment a solvent
Post a Comment