Last week, we let our sister and brother in laws borrow the aging commuter. In the past few days, the car "hit" a couple of milestones. It finally went past 200K miles (hooray for not breaking down since the transmission was rebuilt). And last night as the couple was driving back home from our house, they were hit on the freeway by either a drunk driver or a sleepy driver. They chased him down, got their license plate number and reported to the police.
This was the first "accident" that my elderly commuter has ever been through and she held up great. We are just glad that everyone is safe. It could have been a lot worse. So this was technically a hit and run. Lets see how much longer this baby can take. I might have to end up driving to 299,999 so that I can take a picture. At this rate, I don't doubt that it can go that long.

9 comments:
dood that is scary! i'm glad nothing more serious happened.
hope the police follow-up and they get the bastard.
My thoughts exactly.
I hope they catch the bastard too.
Sucks when people don't take responsibility for their driving. But I'm glad everyone is ok :)
Wow that is awful. Thank God they are ok. Last week some old person almost hit me while he was backing out of his spot and I was standing at my trunk. I noticed him and moved out of the way, not thinking he would hit me but it was a good thing b/c he ended up hitting my car. Then he didn't even notice and I went and knocked on his window and told him, "You just hit my car" and then he came out and looked at my car, said, "I barely touched you" and just drove off. Grrrr I wanted him for hit and run too but it was my bumper and the dent popper right out and I could not see any visible damage to my paint.
Drive carefully. One of my friend got into an accident and had multiple bone fractures in both legs and right arm. Don't drive when you are tired.
yeah...maybe u'll get enough back to get another honday.
Sonic
What did the cops do?
What did the cops do? They said the hit and run vehicle was from Orange Cove and more than likely they wouldn't have any insurance coverage. They said it was more than likely a drunk driver. The cops info card was given to the Chens and it's up to them what they want to do. Yes, I am soooo thankful to God that no one was hurt, and sorry that Fernando's car was hit.
EQ
Hey, I know that hand!
Post a Comment