Monday, May 05, 2008

Yosemite Weekend



Wifey took me to Yosemite (my first visit) for the weekend. We had an awesome time and the weather was perfect. We stayed at a hotel just outside Yosemite by the Merced River. Saturday morning we went to a 2 hr photography class. We hiked a total of over 5 miles that day and had a delicious dinner at a nice restaurant in Yosemite Village. Sunday we finished off the day with a little more hiking and more delicious food at the famous Ahwahnee Hotel.

I took a ton of pictures but I still couldn't come up with very good ones. I really need a lot more classes to really learn how to work the camera well. But on the other hand, like the instructor/guide said, it's all about composition. And that can't be taught. :(

3 comments:

Ana said...

ooooo ahhhh. pretty Yosemite. They have a photography classes there? Guess that makes for a great backdrop. Nice

CitrusMom said...

Nice photo. It looks like you guys hiked the beginning of the Half Dome hike since that photo looks like it is of Vernal falls from the Vernal Footbridge.

fchenod said...

You're right! That is Vernal Falls. We hiked higher up through the Mist Trail but it was too misty. :) It started getting really cold and tiring so we just decided to go back down a bit to take a few shots. No picture came out like I wanted. We'll have to go back for more. :)