Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Finally Got Tivo'd



A couple of weeks ago we finally got fed up with Comcast's crappy HD DVR and decided to switch to Tivo. I've owned Tivo stocks in the past and it has made me some good money. It was finally time to pay back. :)

The Tivo HD is soooo much better than that Crapcastic DVR. If you have a Comcast HD DVR, get rid of it and get Tivo, you'll never regret it.

And I also bought me a crazy universal remote that can finally control almost everything in the house, even the lights!!! All I need now is a bigger TV. :)

9 comments:

zmacman said...

You and me both man... I picked up a HD Tivo on the March 6th... I love it.. and we had Dish Network with HD and DVR. The Tivo is much more versatile and smarter when it comes to recoding. Enjoy!

fchenod said...

Haha, we must have gotten in on the same deal. I ordered mine on march 5th.

zmacman said...

You get it for $199 at Fry's Electronics... Can't believe how cheap the cable cards were to rent from Cox cable...!

Robert said...

Lifetime Promo

http://www.tivo.com/promo/bluemoon.html

fchenod said...

Yeah, I'm too cheap to pay THAT much. I'm sure in a year or two, I'll buy the next new TIVO and I don't want to be stuck with the same machine.

Christina said...

Yay! Welcome to the club! Aww you should have told me so I'd earn Tivo points off you :P I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TIVO!

Christina said...

How much did you pay for your Tivo/subscription?

fchenod said...

I think I paid $185 for the TivoHD and 3 months service free, then $12.95/mo (1 yr contract)

And sorry, gave my sister the points. :)

avery said...

co0l :)